President and Chief Executive Officer
The President and Chief Executive Officer (CEO) appointed for North American Brands Inc (NAB), Perplas Corporation Inc, 2433962 Ontario Limited, Universitybrand Corporation, and Universitybrand London Limited (the “Corporation”) will report to the Board (the “Board”).
NAB based in London, Ontario is a sales and distribution business selling a variety of products primarily into the Canadian hardware retail and electrical distribution channels. NAB fulfills product into both physical distribution as well as online and in the last 2 years has developed early stages of sales into the USA market. NAB operates out of its own 100,000 sf facility, located on the 401 with capacity to strategically expand the business.
The President and CEO role will be the primary front facing representative of the Corporation and will be expected to create and maintain close and effective relationships with all stakeholders of the Corporation and supported by all staff members where and as required. The President and CEO is responsible for managing the Corporation, at the direction of the Board of Directors, in order to maximize shareholders’ return on employed capital, ensuring the profitability of the Corporation, the proper functioning of its effective operations and sustained growth of the Corporation.
The President and CEO, is responsible for development and implementation of the mission, vision and the strategy of the Corporation approved by the Board of Directors, in accordance with the values of the Corporation: Innovation, Teamwork, Respect and Performance. The President and CEO, shall take into account that the Corporation is operating in maturing industries and shall elaborate on a diversification strategy. The President and CEO must determine the short-term, mid-term and long-term objectives of the Corporation and ensure that action plans, policies and organizational structures are in place to meet those objectives. More specifically, the President and CEO is responsible for the implementation of, and compliance with, policies relating to operations, finance, growth and human resources management. The President is accountable for developing and maintaining sound business practices, relations with the internal and external clients and core stakeholders of the Corporation, the community and various government bodies as applicable.
Definition and implementation of the mission, the vision and the strategy of the Corporation:
- Ensuring that the mission, the vision and the values of the Corporation are communicated throughout the organization and that the communication channels work at all levels and in both directions in effort to create alignment in productivity, morale and the attainment of the objectives of the Corporation.
- Inspiring and leading strategic planning, presenting it to the Board and ensuring its implementation.
- Positioning the performance of their responsibilities within the social, economic, political, environmental and competitive environments in which the Corporation operates.
- Planning and leading external development initiatives, including business approaches, and supervising the execution of business acquisitions and dispositions projects approved by the Board.
- Ensuring an efficient communication with the Board and the directors such that they are informed of all relevant information which may have a material effect on the Corporation, its resources, its capital, its employees and its shareholders.
- Assisting and cooperating with the Board and the Corporate Secretary in connection with the preparation of meetings of the Board and participating in monthly Board Meetings when required.
- They may from time to time, as may be needed, delegate to the Board certain specific responsibilities relating to corporate projects or strategic orientations. However, the President and CEO maintains the ultimate responsibility for these files and is responsible for presenting them to the Board.
Constituting a performing team:
- Recruiting, developing and maintaining competent and productive management teams, ensuring they achieve the highest levels of excellence, including through training, and maintaining constructive and transparent relations with such teams.
- Ensuring the development and the recruitment of employees of the Corporation to sustain its growth, the service offering and the positioning of the Corporation by favoring initiatives that will encompass marketing and the development of new products.
- Establishing criteria to evaluate the achievement of objectives by members of the Senior Management Team and their respective reports and evaluate their performance.
- Establishing the organizational structure of the Corporation and presenting specific limits of delegated authority as they relate to policies, contracts, expenses and personal actions.
- Reviewing and approving hires, promotions and compensation conditions for their direct reports and other key managers identified; obtaining the approval of the Board or the Human Resources and Compensation Committee with regards to some actions, if appropriate.
Managing the operations of the Corporation:
- Managing all of the operations of the Corporation and ensuring that excellencies components, such as operational efficiency, continuous improvement, service offering, positioning of the Corporation arising out of initiatives both in terms of marketing and development of new products and services are maintained and developed.
- Presenting to the Board the annual business plan for each operational sector, including related budgets.
- Ensuring that all financial reporting is completed no later than the 20th (or following business day) of each month in a form and content acceptable to the Board of Directors that also satisfies the operational information needs required to operate the business and make informed decisions.
- Analyzing the operational results of the Corporation and of its principal components as they relate to established objectives and ensuring that appropriate measures are taken to resolve problematic situations.
- Ensuring that a solid and adequate financial structure is maintained within the parameters approved and supervising external financing activities of the Corporation including financial reporting on the following key indicators:
- Gross Profit Margin
- Current Ratio
- Working capital monitoring with a focus on trends in daily sales order, daily purchase order, and inventory turnover
- Ensuring that all actions that are necessary are taken to develop and protect the assets of the Corporation in order to maximize long-term shareholders’ return on utilized capital.
- Reviewing and approving specific initiatives of the business units which require material capital expenditures while respecting the annual capital budget.
- Representing the Corporation in its relations with important customers, suppliers, competitors, investors, the financial community, governmental agencies, professional associations and similar groups.
- Coordinating the activities of members of Senior Management through various committees and regular meetings and working with them in the establishment and execution of business plans and objectives of their respective business units.
- Modeling and setting the corporation’s culture, values and behaviors to build a strong, collaborative and focused team.
- Supervising the legal affairs, risks and exposures of the Corporation, including those where the Corporation and its directors may be held liable.
Skills and Education:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Business Administration or relevant field.
- 7-10 years of corporate managerial experience.
- Advanced skills in MS Office and professional accounting software.
- Strong ability to organize effectively, delegate responsibility, solve problems quickly and communicate clearly.
- Leadership skills, including the ability to manage time effectively and handle both internal and external conflicts.
- Experience in developing profitable strategies and implementing vision.
- Strong understanding of corporate finance, performance management principles, corporate governance and general management best practices.
- Familiarity with diverse business functions such as marketing, PR, finance etc.
- An entrepreneurial mindset with outstanding organizational and leadership skills.
- Analytical abilities and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication and public speaking skills.
Please submit your resume to email@example.com